Sunday, April 5, 2009

dinner for 8 in less than an hour

On Thursday, I was in the mood to cook. Without taking into account my Saturday plans, I invited 3 couples over for dinner. Saturday arrived and I had two appointments and wasn't able to start prepping until 5 p.m. Cocktails were at 6:30 p.m.

Menu
Bruschettas x 2 -- one with roasted cherry tomatoes, the other with wilted fennel, black olives & sardines (served with prosecco!)
Silly Simple Salad with mixed greens, watercress, arugula, ferny bits of fennel and a lemony dressing
Roasted Salmon with Tarragon, Mustard and Chive Sauce (served with Niagara white and red)
Roasted Fingerling Potatoes
Grilled Asparagus

easy peasy.

P.S. I must mention that my friend Suzanne was responsible for dessert. I don't bake. But she does. Suzanne made the MOST outstanding pecan cinnamon buns!

2 comments:

  1. As a part of one of the three couples, I can say that this meal tasted like you were in the kitchen ALL day preparing!! It was a wonderful dinner!

    And yes, well done Suzanne! The cinnamon buns were fantastic as well. When are you going to open a bakery........

    ReplyDelete
  2. As part of a couple that wasn't there I can say, Where are our UPS for the bruschetta recipes I mean JESUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete