Sunday, January 10, 2010

jamie oliver's chickpea & leek soup


I spent part of my day in Detroit doing a walk-through of the GM stand at the North American International Auto Show. Tomorrow is the first of two media days and I'm helping out with some of the broadcast interviews. Let me tell you, it was very chilly in the convention center today. Very chilly. All of the big doors were open so cars and trucks could be loaded onto the show floor. Seriously, I couldn't warm up so I decided to make a pot of my favourite soup for dinner -- chickpea and leek.

Tip: You can quickly make this soup on a weeknight if you change the first step. Rather than soaking the chickpeas and boiling the potato, use canned chickpeas and microwave the potato until soft.

4 comments:

  1. Have fun at the NAIAS this week! That sounds fun. The soup looks amazing, I've never cooked/bought a leek, may have to give it a whirl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds awesome Jor - I'm definitely trying this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just made this, but mine looks nothing like your picture. Mine is green. Did you use 6 leeks?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy - I did use 6 leeks but I only used the white portion of the leeks. Did you use the green too? That could be the issue. :)

    ReplyDelete